- This event has passed.
23rd Annual UNC HESA and THEF Dinner
April 19, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The UNC Healthcare Executive Student Association and Triangle Healthcare Executives’ Forum invite you to a networking event including dinner and a panel discussion on the Healthcare Organization’s Role in Formulating Policy. The American College of Healthcare Executives has awarded 1.5 ACHE Face-to-Face education credits to this program.
Networking Opportunity: 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Dinner and Panel discussion begins at 6:00 pm
Panelists will discuss the key aspects of healthcare and policy formation, including:
- How can healthcare leaders keep informed about federal, state and local policy issues?
- How can healthcare organizations become involved in public policy?
- What are the issues that are most immediately of concern?
- What are the longer-term issues?
- Is there a role for local healthcare organizations in the local, state and national policy arena? What could that role be?
- How do you ensure your voice is heard and issues are addressed?
Carla Obiol, Director of Care4Carolina; former Senior Deputy Commissioner of the Consumer Assistance Group and Director of the NC Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP)
Jeffrey A. Simms, M.S.P.H., M.Div., Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of Student Life and Alumni Relations for the Department of Health Policy and Management at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
Catherine Liao, M.S.P.H., Director, Duke University Health System Office of Government Relations
Panel Moderated by:
Mary Margaret “Peg” O’Connell, Senior Advisor – Government and Public Affairs at Fuquay Solutions
Dinner Options – Please select from:
- Red pepper tapenade chicken breast, asparagus, roasted red potatoes
- Grilled salmon, asparagus, roasted red potatoes
- Vegan Portobello napoleon stack with balsamic reduction
All dinner options will be served with a mixed green salad topped with sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and carrots served with balsamic vinaigrette and ranch dressing, in addition to a gluten-free chocolate torte with fresh berries.
Attendees should enter through the second entrance on your right and park at the front of the Friday Center. A map showing the event location and additional parking information is available here:
This program has been developed and is presented locally by UNC Healthcare Executive Student Association and the Triangle Healthcare Executives’ Forum.